Jump Start is part of Buffalo Arts Studio’s education program that empowers Buffalo youth to explore their interest in art, develop a portfolio, and prepare for entry into college.
Buffalo Arts Studio works with high-school students who show a strong ability and interest in the visual arts and guides them along their college and career path. The Jump Start program features FIVE parts:
1. Excellent Classes – Coursework includes drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture and digital media.
2. Thought-Provoking Field Trips – Students visit a variety of museums, galleries, artists and arts professionals to learn about careers in the visual and creative arts.
3. Portfolio Preparation – Instructors and the Education Director help students create, collect and present high-quality work, including an artist statement, in a polished, professional, and meaningful way.
4. Individual Support – Arts and education professionals guide students through their artistic development, college and internships applications, and throughout the college experience.
5. Financial Assistance – Qualifying students receive tuition scholarships, free materials, and assistance with art supplies while enrolled in college.
Who is eligible?
Students 13-18 years old.
If a student qualifies for free or reduced lunches, classes and participation in the Jump Start Program are free. Must pre-register with education coordinator prior to first class.
Jayne Hughes, Education Director for more information or to schedule an interview.