Buffalo Arts Studio is a not-for-profit arts organization. As such, we rely on interns and volunteers to support our programming. If you are interested in participating in either capacity, please contact our staff or visit during office hours.
With our combination of exhibitions, education, and outreach, BAS is an excellent place to become involved in Buffalo’s thriving arts community. We also enrich our internships with a comprehensive understanding of the tasks performed and how they contribute to overall programming. Past interns have used their experience here toward academic program requirements.
- Office intern/volunteer: arts organization administration, day-to-day office tasks, mailings, database management
- Gallery intern/volunteer: wall preparation, art installation, labeling, press releases, postcards, mailings, assistance during opening receptions
- Curatorial intern: submission review, studio visits, artist interviews, installation, catalog writing
- Education intern: teacher assistance, scheduling, implementation of standards and evaluation, database management, education mailings
- Development intern/volunteer: construction of promotional packages, grant assembly
- Marketing intern: assisting in raising the profile of our organization through a new marketing scheme
To apply for an internship, please submit a cover letter (indicating your area of preference) and resume to Alma Carrillo, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Friends of Fourth Fridays
Buffalo Arts Studio is proud to partner with M&T Bank to open the galleries, studios and gift shop on the fourth Friday of the month from January to November for extended hours (5:00 to 8:00 pm). M&T Fourth Fridays @ Tri-Main Center feature special events such as exhibition openings, interactive workshops, and live musical performances that are free and open to the public. Monthly attendance is usually over 300 and the series has grown steadily, reaching over 3000 visitors annually. To maintain this exciting series, BAS relies on a group of volunteers called the Friends of Fourth Friday. Community members, artists, high school and college students all serve as Friends. Volunteer activities include:
- Guest reception
- Photographic and video documentation
- Gift shop sales
- Bartending (must be 21 or over)
To find out more about M&T Fourth Fridays @ Tri-Main Center and upcoming programming, visit our web page at http://buffaloartsstudio.org/mt-fourth-fridays-at-the-tri-main/. If you are interested in becoming a Friend of Fourth Fridays, please contact BAS Curator Shirley Verrico at firstname.lastname@example.org.